Monday, June 24, 2013

Introduction

Hi! My name is Caroline and this is my blog for W531 Computers in Education! Throughout the summer session, I'll use this blog to capture my thoughts and impressions over the readings as well as plan for implementation of new technologies into my course content.

A quick blurb about me:  This upcoming school year will be my fourth year teaching. I taught fifth grade in Tucson, AZ at San Xavier Mission School for two years and high school Art and Theology at Providence Cristo Rey High School this past year.  Next year I am returning to Providence to teach Reading and Art.

I love teaching (and learning!) so I am taking this class to gain new insights into using technology more effectively in my classroom.  There are so many resources and I often feel overwhelmed trying to bring them together into a day to day program.  I want to take this summer to plan ways to better integrate technology rather than just making it an add-on or supplement to existing curriculum.  I am looking forward to sharing my professional journey through this course!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Caroline! I'm so glad you are here! It is completely overwhelming trying to tackle all the new technology, so hopefully you'll find something that really clicks with you (pun intended) this semester, and you can go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I feel as though we may be in the same boat. Being a younger teacher, I feel like I should be "in-the-know" but technology constantly changes so fast. I am excited to get to learn along with you this summer!

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! I feel being out of the classroom for 12 yrs, I've been left behind. Just developing this blog was a challange for me. I have surfed through a few blogs and I am so impressed. I have had a hard time just trying to respond to others blogs... for example, Chris Swisher responded to my blog and I went on his and just can't seem to find the "respond" button. This frustrates me to no end because when I was in the class room I could "ask" other collegues for help in my lesson plans, computer issues but in this class it's me and my computer and I am truly an "immigrant". Hopefully as you said, this class can open new doors in my ability to use technology as part of my lessons and not just an add on.

    ReplyDelete